At Max & Rosie, I am committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of visitors to my website and any who subscribe to my newsletter. I will not be using the data you give me in any way apart from how I specifically state I will be doing so. Please read on to find out why I collect your data, how I use it and how I will never disclose it to others.
Types of data we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be of interest to you.
When you visit www.maxandrosie.co.uk I use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. This is for my own marketing purposes to find out which pages and products are most popular on the website. This information is processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
I would like to send you details of news, offers and information as part of my newsletter. To do this, I need your email address and name. I will never give, sell, trade or rent any of your data to or with other organisations or businesses.
I use a third party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver the newsletter. Using Mailchimp’s reports on the email, I gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help me monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For information around how Mailchimp use your data please see their privacy notice.
I will not use the data you give me to subscribe to my monthly newsletter in any other way and it will not be saved on any list aside from the Mailchimp list you signed up for.
I may occasionally email you to ask you if you are happy remaining on our mailing list – but I will always refer to our privacy notice to remind you of your rights, and if you do not want to continue receiving information from me, I will remove you from that mailing list.
You have the option to unsubscribe at any time, either by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or by emailing email@example.com
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Access to your personal information
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Under GDPR you are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to other websites
Any links that I refer to on my site or in my blog are not covered by this privacy notice. If you have questions about how those sites use your data, please check their privacy notice.
Changes to this privacy notice
This policy may be updated from time to time, the latest version is published on this page. This privacy notice was last updated on 8th May 2018.
If you have any queries about this privacy notice please contact email@example.com